At JTL, we know that it takes more than excellent technical skills to succeed as a plumber or electrician. It also takes outstanding functional skills, from communicating effectively to working accurately with numbers. That’s why your role as a Functional Skills Associate is so important to the work we do. You will be part of a team responsible for undertaking workplace NVQ assessments and technical reviews. This will involve providing occasional casework, using your expertise to deliver Functional Skills (FS) and Essential Skills Wales (ESW) to apprentices across the region. You will work closely with colleagues to identify training needs, track the progress of learners, share best practice and help implement change where necessary. We will also rely on you to support further skills development within JTL and ensure that our qualifications meet regional, national and key QA requirements.
What we’re looking for
- Teaching Qualification or CTTLS or equivalent at Level 3 or above
- Experience of FS/ESW delivery within a post-16 environment at Level 1 or 2
- A good understanding of FS/ESW requirements and assessment
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Good IT and communication skills
licenceand use of a car
- Desirable skills include Assessor and Internal Verification Qualifications (D32, D33, A1/TAQA or V1/IQA).
What’s in it for you?
At JTL, we believe that our success should be shared with the people who help us create it.
That’s why rewarding our employees properly for the contribution they make matters to us.
Our benefits include:
- Company car
- 25 days paid annual leave
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Generous Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Full BUPA Health check
- Eye care discount
- My JTL Rewards staff discount scheme
- Generous corporate wear allowance
- Gym membership discount scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Free occupationally relevant training
- Financial support towards occupationally relevant qualifications
JTL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all its employees to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
11th November 2018